One of the biggest complaints about all diets is that you do not feel satiated and therefore always hungry. It becomes a real challenge to fight hunger and food cravings when you are on a diet trying to lose weight.
There is a simple solution. You need to eat foods to help lose weight which means eating the foods that keep you feel full for longer periods of time. These foods are rich in fiber, protein and the good fats coming from plat sources. Another quality of such foods is that these are the most satiating foods on the planet.
These good nutrients are known to slow down the digestion process in the digestive system and the absorption of calories in the body. The result is that your feel fuller for a longer period of time because your body takes more time in processing these foods that help lose weight. Other benefits include no rapid spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels. You may also read about fat burning foods and how to rev up your body metabolism.
All these foods which we will discuss below are healthy and nutrient rich foods and no major food component has been excluded. This means that when you eat these foods that help you lose weight, you will not crave for certain foods. A study has concluded that such foods burn calories almost 50 percent more than in the case of processed foods. The real idea behind these foods is you will be eating less calories while still feeling full and burning more calories.
Food that Help You Lose Weight
- Non-gluten grains like brown rice, oats and quinoa are full of fiber and protein to keep you satiated for longer duration of time. However, refined grains are a disaster when it comes to foods that help you lose weight.
- Health experts are in agreement that fruits are healthy and many studies have concluded this. The fiber filled fruits delay release of glucose in the bloodstream. Fruits are surely and effective way to lose weight. You can lose as much as 4 pounds of weight over 12 weeks by eating grapefruit on a daily basis.
- Another excellent food that helps you lose weight is full fat yogurt. Studies have concluded that full fat yogurt decreases obesity risk and keeps your digestive system in good order and leptin resistant. Leptin is a hormone which has been known to cause obesity.
- Nuts are rich in fats but these fats are of the good kind. Nuts make an excellent snack having good balance of fiber, protein and healthy fats. Eating nuts not only increases metabolism but also causes weight loss.
- Avocaodo is an other food for weight loss. Most fruits are loaded with carbs but avocados are filled with healthy fats. They have oleic acid, which is the same type of fat that is found in olive oil.
- Soups before meals make you eat less calories because these are low energy density food with lots of water, fruits and vegetables. The foods made in soups make you feel more full and you end up eating less amount of calories.
- Beans and legumes are the foods that have been known to be beneficial for weight loss. These foods are rich in fiber and protein and resistant starch.
- Boiled potatoes might not come to your mind when you are looking for foods that help lose weight. However, potatoes are rich in a range of nutrients which make these ideal for weight loss. Potatoes score very high on the satiety index, which is a scale of how fulfilling different foods are.
- Beef, though blamed for a lot of health issues, is ideal for weight loss because it is protein filled which keeps you feel full for longer. The body also needs to use more calories when digesting protein. However, select lean beef to decrease risk of associated diseases. Some studies have concluded that you can lose ?one pound a week by making protein a 30 percent component of your daily food.
- Vegetables are known to be full of fiber. They take a lot longer to digest. Being low in calories and carbohydrates, these are one of the best foods to lose weight. Leafy green vegetables are full of nutrition including minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
- Whole eggs are also among the foods for weight loss. By eating eggs in the breakfast, you feel satiated for longer periods of time. Eggs are also full of nutrients and have all the essential nutrients required on a calorie restricted diet.
- Another surprise food for weight loss is dark chocolate. You end up eating less when you eat chocolate before meals. And these also have health benefits as well. However, stay away from milky versions of chocolates.
These are the foods which you can eat and still lose weight. Your best bet on weight loss is eating healthy foods from all food groups, follow a calorie restricted diet and add a regular exercise routine. By doing this, you will lose weight and keep it off in the long?term.