When trying to lose weight, it can hardly be stressed more that you need to get moving. Not only it is an aid in your diet plan, it also improves your health in a lot of ways:
- Helps you losing weight
- Increases good cholesterol in blood
- Conditions your heart
- Decreases blood pressure
- Decreased cancer risk
- General body strength increases and you move about easily
- Stress reductions, improves mood and reduces depression
Many people only focus on diet plan and do not include exercise in their diet plan. And of those who include exercise, they make it so rigorous that it is not possible to maintain it in the long run. It is absolutely vital that you include exercise in your diet plan but the activity level should be such that you can stick to it for a lifetime.
Regardless of whether you are a pro or new to exercise, there is always some additional exercise which you can do to increase movement in your daily life routine. Exercise is a good way to keep you sticking to your diet plan and you also feel better generally with an improved overall quality of life.
If you have not thought about exercise a lot, still you can do certain things to start with. If you have tried it the past and worked out really hard and burnt out very quickly, then below are some moderate ways to add exercise to your life which you are likely to continue and derive benefits out of it.
- Make a routine to take after dinner evening walk – it may be brief initially and not very fast either if you are not in the best of shapes early on.
- Walk in place, do some stretching during TV commercials, do sit ups at home if you do not feel like going out often. But i will personally recommend to move in the nature out there.
- When possible, go by stairs instead of lift. If it is not possible to take stairs up to the last floor, you can get off the elevator at two or three floors earlier and then walk up to your desired floor.
- Make a habit to park your car a bit far from your destination and walk further to it
- You can also walk indoors at malls on the rainy days because most malls do allow early hours for morning walkers.
By adding these moderate exercises to your diet plan, you are more likely to achieve overall success in weight loss. And also you will see a general improvement in your health.